Jordan orthopaedic association was established in 1984 as in dependent specialty association working under the umbrella of Jordan medical association. It was and still includes all orthopaedic specialists in private sector and general sector (ministry of health, royal medical services, and Jordan universities).
General assembly meeting is held yearly on regular bases discussing the performance of administrative committee of the association and putting forward suggestions and recommendations regarding all aspects of the association concern.
Every two years the general assembly elects new administration committee consist of president and six members whose task is to perform general assembly recommendation and other administrative issues.
Jordan orthopedic association works in coordination with Jordan medical association in all of professional issues.
The mission of the association is professional, scientific and social.
The association organizes a monthly scientific social meeting in all sectors.
Important achievements by the orthopedic association:
- Establishing Pan Arab Orthopedic Association in 1993 (PAOA).
- Establishing local chapter for AO in 2004.
- Joining the EFORT as affiliate scientific member in 2008.
- The scientific activities of the association were recognized by Jordan Medical Council as part of continuous medical education since 2008.
- Several scientific days and workshops over the last years.